Bek and Steff's
China Challenge
2 - 14 Dec 06


Sunday, January 23, 2005

The gentle slopes of Canberra

I am absolutely exhausted, and I only rode 21km today... last weekend Bek and I managed 25+ km around Lake Burley Griffin. I think the hills (or perhaps gentle slopes is the more apt description) were the killer because there seemed to be more going up than there was going down on this ride. But, we did it. It was a lovely ride through the northern suburbs of Canberra with a hint of rain in the air enough to keep me moving! To be fair to Bek, she had already cycled about 8km before she met up with me so she managed a whole lot further than me.

The state of my body at this moment (think - ready to fall in a heap and go to sleep) is a sign that I need to get into some serious training. Marty - you've thrown down the gauntlet and set a pretty high standard by joining the gym and doing both weights and cycle classes, riding to work and swimming on top of that.

So, tomorrow morning I'm going for a cycle before work, then I might even attempt a ride after work and I'll check the gym timetable. It's about 10km to work from where I am staying at the moment but the return trip is 10km up a hill/gentle slope... I might try and brave that later in the week!!

My odometre reads 84 km for the 3 weeks that I've had my bike and I'm sure I can improve on 21km in 1 hour and 40 mins (plus breaks).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger