Bek and Steff's
China Challenge
2 - 14 Dec 06


Sunday, July 10, 2005

An email of support...

I was very surprised (and thrilled) to receive a donation from a recent visitor to our website. Being the first person to use the little PayPal button located on the right and the only person to donate who we don't know personally, I just wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to Geoff for his support.

I also wanted to share his email with you, because it makes this whole process (fundraising, training, maintaining a website) worthwhile...
__________________________________

Subject: Vietnam & Cambodia
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:59:14 +1000


Steff et al

This is what the internet was supposed to be about - sharing info and stumbling on people of like interests.

I am a 56-y-o cycling obsessive who bought his first grown-up bike a few years ago. Yesterday, after a ride down Merri Creek in the sunshine (sorry if you were working) I was intrigued to learn more about the history of the creek and its influence on the growth of Melbourne across the northern plains. After hitting google I found out about your ride up the creek in May. I agree it's not pretty, but at least they didn't build a freeway from Craigieburn to Clifton Hill. CERES and the chinese market gardens are of interest, I thought and the huge quarries along the banks are unbelievable.

Anyway, I found your itinerary for Vietnam and Cambodia. I am going on a similar route with five other old farts from 20th November to 10th December. I'm sure we will either see you on the road or hear about you from the locals. Our itinerary is still pretty fluid, but you can see it on
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/journal/?o=as&doc_id=898&v=9l.

I've subscribed to your newsletter and made a small donation - any trip sponsored by a bottle shop can't be all bad

Geoff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Powered by Blogger